Contact Your Legislator Today!
- Find your state and federal legislator
- Video – How to contact your legislator
- Tips on how to contact your legislator
- Learn How to Participate in the Legislative Process
Food and Nutrition Policy Advocate Award
The purpose of the Food and Nutrition Policy Advocate Award is to recognize a member of the Indiana General Assembly or other state elected official that has helped promote or advance nutrition policy. The award will be given at the annual Day at the Statehouse event that takes place in March. Criteria for the award include:
- Nominee must be a member of the Indiana General Assembly or other elected office of the state.
- Must have exhibited support at the state level for efforts to change, improve, and strengthen public policy particularly in, but not limited to the areas of nutrition, food, healthcare, and public health or be in a position to impact policy issues important to the Indiana Academy.
- Example issues include – certification/licensure efforts, older American nutrition, child nutrition, school lunch programs, food and food safety, Medical Nutrition Therapy, nutrition research, health literacy, diabetes, weight management.
- The member of the Indiana General Assembly or other elected official must be available to Indiana Academy members and receptive to requests made on the behalf of the organization.
- Previous or current IAND PAC support for the official.
Nominations can be sent to a member of the Public Policy Team.
IAND Public Policy Team
Public Policy Coordinator
Tarrah Westercamp, MS, RDN, SNS
State Policy Representative, State Regulatory Specialist, Consumer Protection Coordinator
Hannah Bercot, RD, LD
Erin Hurst, MS, RDN, CD
Below are the instructions to sending a message to your state Representative or Senator via the Academy Action Center:
- Log into EatrightPRO.org using your AND member number and password
- Click on the Advocacy tab
- Click on the Action Center
- Select the action alert to share with your legislator
- Fill in your contact information
- Click send